- INFORMATION AND UPDATES IN RELATION TO COVID-19 AND ALDBOURNE Stay at home to stop the spread of coronavirus. You should only leave home to: :
- shop for basic essentials – only when you really need to.
- for medical need – for example to visit a pharmacy or delivery essential supplies to a vulnerable person.
- for one form of exercise a day alone or with other people you live with – please maintain a 2mtr distance from anyone you encounter during this time.
- travel to and from work – but only where this is absolutely necessary.
Where to get help in Aldbourne
For the latest advice on who to contact to get help in Aldbourne, how to volunteer and how to help yourself, please click on this link. Please pass this information on to anyone you know who does not have access to the internet.
26 March 2020 – Closure of play areas/tennis court
The Claridge Close, Goddards Lane and Whitley Field play areas and tennis court are currently closed by H.M Government Order following new rules and guidance on social distancing. Please do not use the play equipment in these areas, or use them for group games. The sports field and Palmer’s Fields remain open for daily exercise (the equipment is closed), either individually or as a family group from the same home, and whilst leaving at least 2 mtrs between yourself and others.
Link to a neighbour ‘I can help’ form.
Food donations: Whilst the church is closed a basket has been left in the porch for food collections. It will be accessible for you to leave items there during day light hours. There is also a basket in the Post Office stores. Any food donated will go towards helping those in the local area who are struggling financially due to lack of work or illness due to COVID-19.
Aldbourne Parish Council Facebook page (You do not need to have a Facebook login to view this page)
TRUSTED INFORMATION SOURCES AND PLACES TO GET FINANCE ADVICE (It is important to get information from official channels to ensure that what you read is correct and true)
Wiltshire Council (page includes details on financial help for individuals and business)