Neighbourhood Plan Design Day
Saturday 30th March at 10:30pm onwards
At St. Michael’s School
Everyone of all ages is welcome at this meeting where the Neighbourhood Plan team will be involving people in the activities needed to produce a robust Neighbourhood Plan.
Tea and coffee available from 10:30 to 11:30
IT IS YOUR VILLAGE – COME AND HELP DESIGN THE FUTURE LOOK AND FEEL OF THIS VERY SPECIAL VILLAGE
This is your opportunity to have your say on the future development in the parish for the next 10 – 20 years.
For information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Text or call: 07887 924539
Following on from the FACE survey given to every household in the Parish, a Housing Needs Survey, undertaken by Wiltshire Council, will be distributed to every household in the autumn.
The anonymous feedback received will help us as we draft the final version of the Neighbourhood Plan. An open meeting with the residents of the Parish to get feedback on the draft Plan will take place in the next few months.
We asked the 6th Form at St. Michael’s School for their ideas on what they think their village will need in the future. The images below show some very interesting ideas from the children. Our thanks to St. Michael’s School.
OUR VILLAGE ENVIRONMENT, ITS FACILITIES AND ITS FUTURE DEVELOPMENT MATTER TO ALL WHO LIVE IN THE VILLAGE AND PARISH.
YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN WILL GIVE OUR COMMUNITY A SAY ON THE TYPE OF DEVELOPMENT THAT TAKES PLACE IN THE VILLAGE AND PARISH OF ALDBOURNE OVER THE NEXT 10 TO 20 YEARS.
A NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN CAN:
- Propose more development than in the Wiltshire Core Strategy
- Shape and direct future development
- Help to determine what type of development should take place
- Identify the most suitable local sites for development
A NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN CANNOT:
- Propose less growth than in the Wiltshire Core Strategy
- Prevent any development from ever taking place in an area
- Be prepared with no input or support from the local community
- Be in conflict with local, national or EU policies
WHAT DOES THE WILTSHIRE CORE STRATEGY MEAN FOR OUR COUNTY?
THE WILTSHIRE CORE STRATEGY AIMS TO:
- Deliver a thriving economy
- Address climate change
- Provide everyone access to a decent home
- Build resilient communities
- Protect and enhance the natural, historic and built environment
- Provide adequate infrastructure
Reference maps and Documents:
Steering Group of Neighbourhood Plan:
Cllr. Anne Deuchar, Cllr. Sandy Muirhead, Ms. Carey Wallin, Cllr. Charlie Williams